Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Book Review Edition #2

I still seem to be on a book marathon. I thought I would share my latest reads.

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult -- This book is actually coming out as a movie soon staring Cameron Diaz I believe. It is about a family that has a daughter with Leukemia and the best way to help her is to have another child that is a genetic match to their daughter. The slippery slops goes quickly from there. The book brings up quite a debate about about ethical issues.

Handle with Care By Jodi Picoult -- A couple after trying many years gets pregnant with a baby who ends up having brittle bone disease. The Mom eventually brings a wrongful birth lawsuit against her OB-GYN, who is also her best friend.

Jodi is great about bringing moral and ethical issues to the surface, as well as, tearing your heart out at the end of all her books. If you are looking for an uplifting read, DO NOT read anything by Jodi Picoult.

Ultra Marathon Man by Dean Karnazes -- Kenny actually read (even completed) this book first! It was an interesting quick read. A glimpse into the world of extreme Ultra Marathon Runners. It is hard to imagine what they put their bodies and minds through.

Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah -- This was last months book club pick. It is a story about two friends from childhood and their journey together as they grow up and become adults.

I'd recommend all of them. My favorite out of these four would be Firefly Lane.

No comments: