Friday, July 18, 2008

Odds and Ends

Just a little update on a few happenings over the last week or so.

Shane went to Grandma and Grandpa's house last weekend. My Mom was ready for a Shane fix and I had a lot of Close To My Heart activities on my plate so it worked out well for everyone. He had a blast riding on the ferry and hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa. They had a blast too, except he started to teeth on his 3rd day there which made his mood not quite as fun as the previous days. Glad he isn't that way only for me. :)


Myself and two of my crafty neighbors tried out a craft fair/farmers market event last Sunday. It was quite an experience. I can't say we sold much, but it was interesting to have your items up for sale and to have everyone browse and comment on them. And even more entertaining to watch everyone at the event. We think we will give another one a try come the holiday season.




My little vegetable garden has actually produced veggies!! I have harvested my lettuce plant 3 times now and it continues to grow more. I have two baby green tomatoes on my tomato plant and I just picked 5 snap peas from my snap pea plant. I'm just amazed by it all! I do have a cucumber plant that is still alive, but have yet to see anything on it. It is the one in the middle of the lettuce plant and the tomato plant.

1 comment:

Katie said...

What a great idea! Setting up a booth at the Farmer's Market. I have always wanted to sell blank scrapbooking pages on eBay or something maybe someday I'll have the time to make some that don't go into my book!

We've got loads of tomatoes on, cantaloupe is blooming and we HAD two peppers on our plants but they disappeared. Our strawberries were planted this year so we didn't get much out of them, next year. Good luck with your veggies!