Friday, August 22, 2008

Kalaloch Vacation

We have returned from our vacation to Kalaloch, located on the Washington Coast. I grew up going there many a summer and was very excited to take Shane out there for the first time. Sadly though, I know he'll remember very little if any of it. But we'll have pictures as proof.

Shane and I started the vacation off with 3 days in Sequim. A friend of mine was in town visiting her family, so we decided to meet up at the good ol' Clallam County Fair. We didn't get much time to spend together....that is sorta what happens when you have kids I've figured out, but Shane, Me and my Mom had a nice time in the hot hot weather and got a chance to visit the animals and have ourselves a scone.


Shane also had another fun filled visit at Grandma and Grandpa's house. This time it was the blackberries that were a hit. He couldn't get enough of them and plopped himself down right next to the blackberry bowl to eat away. He also got to take a ride on a tractor. I don't think I've ever seen him smile so big before.




Saturday we (Kenny, Me, Shane, my Mom, my Dad, my brother Kevin, my sister-in-law Becky and my Grandma) all headed out to Kalaloch which is a 2 hour drive. Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate with us. It was cold and wet most of the time we were out there. None the less we spent as much time as we could on the beach, taking walks and playing outside. Along with a lot of time by the fireplace and eating. Shane had fun in the water and enjoyed playing with the sand and even had some fun chasing after a seagull. He had a lot of fun with his make shift bathtub, too. Give this boy water and he is a happy clam!




2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I love the picture of father and son walking on the beach. The hot tub picture is so funny. We all had a grand time.

firecrackerjulie said...

I am glad you had so much fun. We missed you! The pictures are gorgeous, definitely a few works of art in the bunch :)