Monday, June 28, 2010

It's a Girl!!



We got the news this morning at my 20 week ultrasound appointment....It's a Girl!! The technician asked us if we knew the gender and/or wanted to know the gender. We both said No we don't know and YES we want to know!! Then she didn't say anything for awhile and finally said I don't know yet. UGH! I was thinking I'm not walking out of here not knowing. Kenny said he thought that was a good sign. Then she said I think it is a girl. I thought, you think, you better be more sure then that. Then she followed up with yep, it's a girl and typed it up on the screen. I felt confident then we were really having a girl.

I wasn't surprised since this whole time I have thought it was a girl, but it was super nice to hear the confirmation of what I thought. Also to have the pressure off of knowing it really is a girl and we can move on with baby #2 plans: room color, clothes, decorating, and of course a name.

We were trying to keep Shane happy while we waited for the doctor to come in after the Ultrasound. We asked him what we should call her. A couple weeks ago he said Apple. This time he said Kate. (We just figured out that Arthur from the book series has a baby sister named Kate and that is where he got the name from). He then launched into a story about how we should have 3 babies and he will share one with Mema and Papa, one with Mommy and Daddy and he will have one. I don't know where he comes up with this stuff.

Other then the news of it's a girl, she is healthy and weighing in at 13 ounces putting her in the 57%. I'm doing well with my Crohns and putting weight on like no other. I won't mention the number at this point, but I'm just about where I was when Shane was born and I have 5 more months to go!! The Doctor is happy with the weight gain though, so guess I'll just go with it.

3 comments:

Tia said...

Im so happy for you!!! How cool is that to have a boy and a girl, girls are so fun, well most of the time, lol.

Samantha said...

Girls are SO fun! Naomi has more clothes than we can even go through but I always find cute girly things for her! Congratulations!!

nonapearl said...

YAY!!!! Girls are the best. :) Congrats!