Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Energy

There is boundless amounts of energy in our household. Between two kids and two dogs there is always someone that is raring to go. My first thoughts of the day revolve around how can I keep all this energy under control and how can I get all 4 of them worn out.

Monday morning I woke up determined to bet the energy monsters. After eating breakfast and getting us all dressed, I loaded Sadie (our 8 year old Golden Retriever) into the car and off to the dog park we went. We have a awesome new fenced in dog park near our house that has a forest like area to it with trails. I can take the kids and Sadie there and get them all played out very quickly. We can't take Dodger (our 11 year old Golden Retriever) there because he isn't very dog social.

Dog #1 knocked out after this event.

After lunch and a nap for Adalyn, I piled Dodger, Shane's bike, Adalyn's trike and the kids into the car. We drove to Kenmore and hopped onto Burke Gilman trail for some walking/bike riding. We walked about 15 minutes then turned around and headed back to Logboom park to play. After playing at the park, we then walked back to the car. A good 90 minute adventure.

Dog #2 passed out after this trip.

Kid #1 and #2 were manageable until bed time.

Mom was beat at the end of the day, but happy to have kept the energy monster at bay.


No comments: