Saturday, May 10, 2008

Final Photograhphy Class

Today was my 3rd and final photography class. I learned a whole lot and have improved quite a bit over the month or so I've been in the class. I'm excited to keep exploring my camera and understanding it even more as time goes on.

This week our teacher asked us to bring in 3 8x10 enlargements of the pictures we took since the last class. We hung them up on the walls in the classroom and he went around and gave us feedback on all of them. All three of my pictures I had taken in my neighbor Julie's front yard. I thought they were okay. I had tried using the composition ideas he had given us from the previous class (framing the object with your camera viewfinder, looking for items with various shapes in them like circles, lines, and rectangles, etc).

Below are the three pictures and his feedback.



He really liked this picture and thought the green blurry background to the right was great. Even the blurry tree trunk he thought was okay. He did say the white blurry area in the middle may be a little distracting.



He also liked this picture. He commented on the shadows that he thought added to it. The best part is I actually did that on purpose!! I have come a long way.



He called this picture "fine art". He was all excited about it and giving it rave reviews. He didn't get this excited about any other picture in the class. He liked other pictures, but nothing like this one. It was very flattering, but hilarious all at the same time. He said that this must go in my portfolio. At this point, it is my portfolio.

2 comments:

Julie said...

You did a great job and have really improved. I can tell the photo class has been great for both of us. Thank you for taking it with me!

Anonymous said...

Very Nice! Your fine are really would look great blown up on a canvas!