Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Aqua Tots I

Shane started his swimming lessons yesterday. It is 9 days in a row for 30 minutes a day. We are taking them at the outdoor community pool in Kirkland. Yep, I really do mean we. I get the pleasure of taking them with him. On the first day when she told us to blow bubbles in the water to show them how to do it, I had flashbacks of my childhood swimming lessons and remembered vividly not liking them much at all. I don't like to put my face in the water. Shane may not be the best at blowing bubbles at the end of this session, I'm not sure I'm the best example to follow.

Beyond my issues with getting in and out of the pool and the fact it has been 60 degrees outside, Shane is loving them. He only gets upset when he has to trade his toy in for something else. At times he would actually much rather play with his toy then kick, or blow bubbles or float on his back. But all in all he is doing great and I'm learning a thing or two about how to deal with him in the water. I just can't wait until the weather warms up and we aren't freezing cold the whole time!!

Kenny came and watched us today. The pool is just a couple minutes from his work. He was able to take some pictures and video. When Shane first saw him all he wanted to do was point and look at Dad.



1 comment:

Cynthia said...

NO... you were NOT CRAZY about swimming lessons. You were older ..4 or 5maybe. You did eventually enjoy the lessons. I'm happy that Shane is loving the water....besides just drinking from driveway puddles !!!!