Sunday, February 28, 2010

Chocolate Bear

My poor deprived child doesn't have a teddy bear. He had a bear that talked, but wasn't very cuddly. A few weeks ago he threw up on said bear, making him impossible to clean. Bear had to be put to rest. After weeks of Shane talking about how bear was thrown up on and all gone, I decided he deserved to have his first trip to Build-a-Bear. We had walked into the store before and browsed, so he knew what I was talking about when I told him where we were going. He got to pick his bear out with some slight guiding from me. His first choice was the green shamrock bear, which I just had to say no to. We then went to stuff him, put a heart and a shamrock in him, and clean him (which terrified Shane with the loud noise the "bathtub" made). I had already planned on skipping the additional costs of clothing the bear, but when we walked by the clothes and I said he doesn't need any clothes, right? Shane said, NO! Bear cold! How could I ignore that. We picked out a cute Mariners top and white shorts for bear. Then we got to name him. Shane decided all on his own to name him Chocolate Bear. Chocolate Bear is now a much loved member of our family.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

That is adorable!! Great story.

Julie said...

Next time....Borax gets any kind of smell out!

Jessica said...

It was more the mechanical parts of the bear just weren't going to make it throw the clean up process, oh and I thought the bear was creepy anyways and annoying, so it was a good reason to toss him.