Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Water, Water and More Water

With the warm weather we've been in and out of the water around here the past few days. A few things I've learned:

1. My kids LOVE water balloons. Why? I'm not totally sure, but I know I get the wettest out of either of them. The amount of time it takes me to get one all ready to go and the amount of time it takes them to pop it doesn't equal out so great. But we've spent hours and used up about 200 balloons in the past 3 days.

I either get a bunch made in the bathroom or make them one at a time using the hose. I stay drier doing in the bathroom, but the kids love taking turns as I make them with the hose.


2. Shane will do about anything to go swimming in Lake Washington. So far he has been twice, once to OO Denny and once to Juanita Beach. He still refuses to put his head under water, but jumps right in and "swims" away. He can't swim and wears a life jacket, but right now we are just happy he is enjoying the water. He spent many years very cautious around it and still hasn't pass level 1 in swimming lessons. Maybe this summer he will!!

3. My kids stare at the kiddo pool in our backyard and don't seem to know what to do with it...until a friend of Shane's came over today and showed them. Finally, they were playing in that thing like kids are suppose to!

 
  On your mark get set...go....and jump!



4. Put the hose on the slide and that is lots of fun. Put out the slip and slide and no one touches it. The concept seems pretty similar to me. My kids aren't having anything to do with the slip and slide though.


5. A hot tub also works well as a pool. We went to a friends house yesterday and she turned down the heat in her hot tub and put a bunch of hose water in it. Shane and his buddy Noah had a hoot in there! I had to drag them home to put the girls down for a nap, but I'm pretty sure they would have stay in there all day long.

6. All this summer water fun makes my two kiddos worn out at the end of the day. Which is a good thing and a bad thing. Good because you would think they would crash at bedtime (sometimes they do, but not always), bad because for the last hour or two before bed they are piles.

No comments: