Sunday, January 24, 2010

Knitting Class


I learned how to knit this weekend! Well, I learned how to cast on, knit and purl. I hear from there I can make anything. My first project is a beautiful diagonal scarf pattern. So far all I've done is practice knitting and purling, but I hope to start this week on the actual project.

When I went to bed last night I kept seeing the needles move in either the knit stitch or the purl stitch. At least that way I hope it will stay with me. I don't want to forget how to do it.

Thanks to Nona and her patience in teaching me what to do and for checking in on me through out the evening. You can join me at Nona's knitting class, too. Check out her blog for more details about the class next month on Saturday, February 20th.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

do you STILL not remember knitting with Mushy Grandma????? I love the white yarn you chose. I can't wait to see your finished creation.

Julie said...

Good job! If you need help, let me know and I *may* be able to! Or at least my mum can.

nonapearl said...

I'm so glad you could come to the knitting night! Can't wait to see you again next month.

You did an awesome job on your swatch. I'm pretty amazed at how quickly you were able to pick up both stitches, and how even your tension is! Super work!!! :)