Saturday, January 9, 2010

Water, Water Everywhere



Shane has an odd love and hate relationship with water. He wants to play in the water faucet all day long, splash in puddles till he freezes from the cold, and pour water into container after container. BUT if there is any mention of washing his hair, water becomes the enemy.

He has gotten to the point that he hates having his hair washed so bad, that it is the first thing he asks when he wakes up, if his hair needs to be washed today. We can't seem to find a way to make the hair washing situation not as bad. Eventually we figure he'll realize it isn't worth the fight he puts up (and man, he can put up a fight!).

Last week, I took Shane and Dahlia to the best mud puddle road around! We went there last year and they had a blast splashing. This year I don't think I had ever seen Shane so extremely happy about what he was doing. I was kicking myself because I didn't have my camera. He was just giddy with joy from kicking, jumping, splashing and walking in the huge puddles. I poured almost two inches of water out of his boots on the walk back to D's house.

It's a love hate kinda relationship, that tends towards the love until you pour it on his head!

No comments: