Wednesday, April 14, 2010

2 Year Blog Anniversary

Today I'm celebrating two years of blogging. Who would have known! I sure didn't. Looking back on some of my first blog posts brings back so many memories. Events that don't feel like two years ago. Pictures of Shane that I can hardly believe my eyes. Wow, has he sure changed and grown up. And little things that I don't think I would have even remembered if I had not blogged about them. This is truly like a family digital scrapbook.

I thought in honor of my 2 year blog anniversary, I'd repost my Life List from 2 years ago. Feels like just yesterday that I wrote it. Let's see if I've made any progress....

My Life To Do This: (originally posted on May 19, 2008) (Today's additions have been written in purple.)

*fly in a helicopter
*travel to Europe -- Italy and France for sure
*travel to New Zealand
*spend a vacation on a secluded tropical island
*take a photography class -- COMPLETED!
*take a cooking class -- Getting close, I have gift certificates in hand for Sur La Table in Kirkland, just need to schedule the class!
*foster/adopt a child
*volunteer regularly somewhere
*raise/foster a seeing eye puppy
*be a good enough photographer to volunteer for the
Lay Me Down To Sleep Organization
*get published in a scrapbooking magazine
*have a winter home in San Diego
*get a tattoo
*grow my Close To My Heart business This has been a true struggle for me, but I work on it continually.
*go on a scrapbooking retreat -- I'm going on one in September!! I've been twice now, and have loved every minute of it.
*live a healthy and green lifestyle -- I work on this one everyday!! Got our 2nd local organic produce box today!
*own my own home YAH! As of March 10, 2010 we became homeowners!
*grow a veggie garden -- I planted one yesterday!! We have plans for a raised garden in our new back yard.
*go on a cruise
*have a flower cutting garden The house we moved into has tons of beautiful flowers already planted for me, what luck.
*attend a taping of the Oprah Winfrey Show
*see a Broadway show in New York
*become a better sewer.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Congrats on your Blog-iversary! Thank you for sharing, it was really neat to read through your life list. Very inspiring!