Thursday, April 29, 2010

Full Circle Farm


We've been getting our organic veggie/fruit box from Full Circle Farm on 3 different occasions now. I love picking it up and opening up the box to a big surprise of fruits and vegetables (Even though, yes, I get to pick out what comes in it. I still feel like it is a surprise).

We get a box every other week and the produce has been in great condition. I'm fairly picking with what I pick out in the store and so far it's measured up. I'd say the only down fall has been the fruit is often not ripe. Which makes sense that it can't always be perfect and ripe at the same time, but it's hard to have to hold off eating the yummy pears for a few days until they are ripe.

Every other week is working out great for us. I have had to pick up a couple oranges, apples or various other veggies here and there, but it means that we are eating organic 75% of the time at least.

Here is what came in our box this week:
3 Fuji Apples
1 bunch carrots
1 bunch broccoli
4 D'anjou Pears*
1 cucumber
6 ruby grapefruit*
4 valencia oranges
2 lemons*
3 peaches
4 minneola tangelos*
1 tomato

The * items are things that I picked to substitute for an original item in our box. And the grapefruit was a "double" order. I LOVE the control I have over our box, and that there are so many items I can pick and choose from. There was even a surprise flower in our box this week!!!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

What a great resource, thank you for sharing!