Thursday, July 22, 2010

6 months!


The belly has reached 6 months today! I am more then half way to November 11th and that feels great, but now makes it seem like it is coming closer and closer, and faster and faster.

I'm feeling pretty "normal" at this point, just with an big belly to carry around. I was showing Shane a picture the other day and realized that I was 5 months pregnant with him in the picture, but you couldn't tell from what I was wearing. I told him that and he just sorta gave me a funny look. He is very obsessed with all things baby: babies in stores, babies on TV, babies in books, acting like a baby himself, and especially babies/diapers and big kids/underwear.

We finished painting, putting the crib together and arranging the babies room last weekend. I love the lavender accent walls we did. After months of living here it finally feels like a real room! It still needs some small touches here and there though to make it more personal for her when she arrives.

We were given a bag of baby girl clothes the other day. I just couldn't get over all the pink. It is such a color that you don't experience when you have a boy, that the clothes some times just overwhelm me with all the pink.

Naming has been a tough one. I can't say we have much right now. Maybe one or two on the maybe list, but that is about all. Right now in my head I call her "Tap Dancer", because all day long it feels like she is doing a tap dance in my belly with all her kicks and punches. Quite the mover she is, way more then Shane was.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

you look beautiful !!!!!!

Lynette said...

You look so cute! Glad everything is going well for you.