Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Book Review #3

Here are the latest books I've read:

Garden Spells and The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen. I have just fallen in love with this author. Both of her books are whimsical and mysterious along with a little romance. Perfect summer reads. Her next book isn't coming out until next year and I can't wait! Both are easy reads and are like little pieces of candy. I just loved them!!

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. I enjoyed this book about the circus and relationships, but fell in love with this book because of the ending. There were pieces of it that were sad and hard to read, but in the end it made you feel warm inside. A spectacular look at circus' from the inside.

Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin. A nonfiction book about a mountain climber who falls in love with a small village in Pakistan. He decides to help this village out by building it a school. From that decision on his life completely changes. This book was a hard read for me. Very slow at the beginning but the over all message against terrorism and for world peace is inspiring.

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. This has been my 2nd recent book about the Middle East. It is fiction, but makes you really feel a sense of what life is like in Afghanistan and bordering countries. Another sad book at times, but an enlightening read.

No comments: