Sunday, August 1, 2010

Photo Star

I have been dreaming and wanting to make a large photo star for over a year now, but wanted to wait until we were settled. Here is a picture of the smaller version I made a couple years ago. Finally, the last month I got a chance to get this one completed. BUT as I started doing it I realized that we would have a new member joining our family in just a few short months, so I plan on updating some pictures after that to include her.

One part that I really loved about making it was I really tried to not make it "perfect". I often get caught up in the details and get unhappy when things don't look exactly how I envision them to be. The original design of this photo star was done by my friend Julie and she has an awesome way of "throwing" things together and making them look great. I tried channeling some of her creativity and thought process while making it. Hope I made her proud.

1 comment:

firecrackerjulie said...

It looks awesome! I love the way it turned out :)