Saturday, November 12, 2011

One to live by...

“If I had my child to raise all over again, I’d build self-esteem first, and the house later. I’d finger-paint more, and point the finger less. I would do less correcting and more connecting. I’d take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes. I’d take more hikes and fly more kites. I’d stop playing serious, and seriously play. I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars. I’d do more hugging and less tugging.“ -Diane Loomans

 I don't want to look back and think this when my kids are grown. Every day I attempt to do more with them and less with the stuff on the to do list. Sometimes the list wins because really there just isn't enough time in the day. But I'd like to hope that I can strike a balance and know that I've spent lots of quality time with them as well as kept an organized life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is all about keeping everything in perspective, I love this post, I like you don't want to regret, time goes by so fast however I find that when the chores are done I have an easier time letting go and just having fun. Thanks for the ever so needed reminder!