Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Team Challenge -- Crohn's and Colitis

As many of you know, I have battled both Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's Disease since I was 16 years old. I am currently maintaining fairly well on a small dosage of a steroid called Entocort. Though I would love to not be on it at all, the other options aren't pretty. I am happy that the Entocort is doing its job. I do pray that some day in my lifetime there will be a cure for Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis.

Today, by a pure mishap I met a heroic women who is running two half marathons and trying to raise $10,000 for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America. Her Husband has also struggled with both Colitis and Crohn's. Please visit her website and consider giving to her wonderful cause. Let's all help find a cure for these debilitating diseases.

No comments: