Sunday, April 17, 2011

Garage Doors

A couple weeks ago we got new garage doors. I certainly would have never told you how excited I would have been to get these things, but I was and still am. Our old ones were original to the house and had springs that open and closed them. The springs scared me. Every time I was near them I would think what if one of these things broke and hit me or a kiddo?! They were also super loud and located under the kids bedrooms. At night or when someone was napping we couldn't park in the garage.

BEFORE (old garage doors)
This picture was taken last year before we moved into the house.
AFTER (new garage doors)
This picture is a huge reminder of how crappy our weather has been 
so far this year. Everything outside is still soaking wet, mossy and gross. 
We NEED some sunlight around here to start drying things out!!!!

Also on the To Do List: new siding or a paint job. 
I'm dying for a new color on this place.
And a new front door. Which I believe will be happening this summer.

Besides the garage doors looking nicer, being quieter and safer, they also keep the garage insulated so much better. Which in turn keeps the kids rooms so much warmer.

We also used a locally owned company called Better Built Doors. After getting 3 or 4 estimates, they came in with lowest bid and had the best quality of products, too. The owner came out and did the estimate and was very patient with me and all my questions. I even called him the next day with more questions and he was still nice. The guy who came out to install the doors with very friendly and did a great job going over all the cool features of the garage doors (who knew they could be so fancy?).

No comments: