Friday, April 13, 2012

March Project: Canvas Hand and Foot Prints

I've been checking off my list of 12 projects that I am completing in 2012. Last month I completed this super cheap, quick and easy canvas hand and foot prints.

 

I purchased a set of 9x9 canvas squares from Micheal's.

I painted a base coat of acrylic paint on them in chocolate brown and let that dry and then did one more coat of paint.

Then I painted the kiddos (4.5 years old and 16 months old) hands in cream colored acrylic paint and "stamped" them down on the canvas. I had a couple little extra marks on Shane's hand print that I easily fixed by painting over them with the chocolate paint. I actually had to completely redo Adalyn's first foot print attempt. But it was so easy to repaint it and try it again.

They hang in my laundry room. I love seeing their little prints when I walk in and out of the room.


I never posted my January project, which was a Family Photo Wreath. It also hangs in my laundry room. I used Close To My Heart Pemberly paper on it and my Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge to cut out the circles. I wrapped a foam wreath in satin chocolate brown ribbon. Then pinned the pictures to the wreath. I think I never posted it because I wasn't completely happy with the embellishments I used. I was hoping for some bigger flowers, but I have yet to find something I like better.





A Little Inspiration

No comments: