Sunday, July 15, 2012

Berries, Berries and More Berries


This last week we were had berries coming out of our ears and we couldn't have been happier. Our local strawberry and raspberry season was coming to an end so I grabbed a 1/2 flat of raspberries and 4 pints of strawberries so we could enjoy them just one more time until next year.

Our local berries are just so much better then the ones we get the rest of the year from California. I love raspberries but only "real" raspberries the ones grown here. Where they are soft and full of taste. Instead of those California raspberries that are hard and are flavorless. Though I am grateful that I still can give my kiddos fresh(er) berries the rest of the year, thanks to the sunny state of California (or else where for that matter).

I started off our berry feast by making a Strawberry/Raspberry Cobbler. I think it was the best cobbler I've ever made. I keep cobbler dry ingredients all mixed up and ready to go, so when I'm in the mood for a cobbler I just have to throw cobbler mix plus butter and fruit into a dish and bake. Thanks Sweet Anna for that brilliant idea!


Then I had the BEST breakfast EVER two days in a row. I could live off this meal for ever and ever and eat it all day long. Honey Vanilla Greek Yogurt by The Greek Gods (it was my first time eating this favor/brand) with raspberries and blueberries from Oregon. Heaven, just plain heaven in a bowl.


We also had strawberry crepes for dinner on Friday night. I completely forgot to take a picture because I was so exited to eat it all up. Anyways, we enjoyed our berry delicious week. Ah, summer.

No comments: