Monday, October 25, 2010

mmmmm......Muffins


Shane and I made Pumpkin Muffins this morning. I had promised him last night we could make them and then started craving them all night long. I was so excited to make them this morning and then pulled up the recipe and realized we didn't have enough eggs. UGHH! He was okay with that, since he didn't want to go to the store and get some and I really didn't want to get out of my PJ's for eggs either. But Mema swooped in and saved the day by recommending we just add mayo to make up for the lack of 3 eggs I needed (I had 1 egg out of the 4 total needed) Since it's basically just eggs and oil anyways. I think they aren't as pumpkin tasting as they normally are, but still good. Not that the mayo had anything to do with that though.


Here is the recipe in case you want to give them a try:

Pumpkin Muffins

4 eggs
2 cups sugar (or brown sugar)
1 15 oz. can pureed pumpkin (I think I'll put more then 1 can in next time)
1 1/2 cups oil
3 cups flour
2 t. baking soda
2 t. baking powder
1 t. ground cinnamon
1 t. nutmeg
1 t. salt

It makes 2 dozen regular sized muffins. This time I made 12 regular muffins and 24 mini muffins.

Bake at 400 degrees for 16-20 minutes.

The original recipe calls for chocolate chips. But I never have those on hand, so I've never made them that way before. But you certainly could!

No comments: