Friday, October 8, 2010

Sur La Table Cooking Class

A couple weeks ago I finally got a chance to use my wonderful Sur La Table gift certificate and take a cooking class. I had the hardest time deciding what classes to take. This one was Dinner Basics.We created 5 different meals:

Cherry Tomato Pizza Margherita -- I got some great tips on how to make pizza at home.

Flank Steak Salad with Chimichurri Dressing -- It's always helpful to me to see meat cooked since I sometimes feel overwhelmed with how to deal with meat.

Chicken Parmesan Burgers -- We'll totally be having these at home soon!

Moroccan Halibut and Carrots -- This probably was my favorite dish out of all of them. We used cinnamon on the halibut and it was sooooo good!!

Shrimp Scampi with Green Onions and Orzo -- I've always been terrified of cooking shrimp, but truly it is so easy.

There were 3 other people in the class that night. The Teacher said she had never had such a small class before and normally there are 10-16 people in each class. It was great to be in such a small group since it was more like a one-on-one lesson.

After making all of the yummy food we got to eat it!! I so wished that I had more room in my squished stomach to eat more. It was all so good.

Over all I think I learned that I know more then I think when it comes to cooking. Which makes me feel good and more confident in my cooking abilities. In a couple weeks I go back for one more class: Gifts from the Kitchen. I'm super excited for that one with the holidays coming up!!

1 comment:

firecrackerjulie said...

Hopefully I am on your gift list!!