Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Conversations with Adalyn

Me: Shane and Adalyn, I'm going to be folding clothes in my bedroom if you need me.

Adalyn: Uhuh, uhuh, uhuh (translation: I want to come, I want to come!)

Me: You are going to help me fold the clothes?

Adalyn: Uhuh, uhuh! (Yes, yes)

I proceed to fold the clothes with Adalyn's "help". After the first basket had been folded....

Adalyn: un, un, un (as she gets off the bed). (translation: done, done, done.)

Me: Okay, thanks for your help.

Adalyn: frantically pointing at the top of the dresser...Uhuh, uhuh, uhuh!!!

Me: (extremely confused) There isn't anything up there for you to have.

Adalyn: Uhuh, UHUH, UHUH!!

Me: OHHHH, you want to get paid for helping me fold the laundry. (Shane gets 5 cents for each pair of socks he matches and the coins are on top of the dresser.)

I handed her a penny. She took off with it straight to her bedroom and put it in her piggy bank. Man, that girl picks up on things fast! She just cracks me up.

No comments: