Thursday, September 20, 2012

One

I recently had a few days of a one child household again. I was reminded of quite a few things during my one kid days last week:

**I love having just one kid. One kid is perfect in so many ways.

**I can give that child just about all the attention they need or want. I can fill their cup up completely and it doesn't exhaust me in the process of filling them up, taking care of my needs and all the other tasks I must accomplish in a day.

**I enjoy spending time with each one of them one-on-one. I was reminded how much I like each of them on their own. They are so much fun to hang out with and play with.

**I can get so many things in my life accomplished with only one kiddo in the house. When that one child is happy and content I can slip away and work on housework, job work, etc. Then when the end of the day arrives I'm scurrying trying to catch up on all the things that need to be completed by the end of the day, like I do when I have two kiddos around.

**Popping one kiddo in the car and running off to do fun things or errands goes so much more smoothly then when there are two.

When I returned to the world of two kids on Tuesday afternoon I was also reminded of many things:

**Watching them play and interact together in one of the best things ever!

**Having all 4 of us together feels complete.

**I'm exhausted at the end of the day when there are two. I often have no more energy to finish the long list of things that needs to get completed after they are sleeping.

**I hate being a referee! The little squabbles that happen on and off all day long drive me crazy.

**There almost always seems to be one kiddo that needs help with something when you have two. As soon as you settle into a task or have finished helping one child, the other one needs his bottom wiped, has fallen, needs a snack/water, etc, etc, etc. There is no rest for the tired when you have two.


Well...two kids it is. That was what we picked, no going back on it. I don't have any regrets if you are wondering. Having a boy and a girl was what I always imagine and pictured I would have. I like that complete feeling, even though there are days I'm tired beyond belief or times I'd love to just have one. Instead I'll relish in the moments that I do get one-on-one with each of them and rejoice in the moments they are happy and getting along.

No comments: