Monday, November 5, 2012

Row, Row, Row Your Boat

Shane's favorite song as a little tike was Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I could sing that to him as an infant and he would calm down. I could sing that to him as a toddler and he would hold still while I changed his diaper. I'm not sure it has as much impact on him now as a preschooler, but back in the day it was my go to song with him.

For the longest time I couldn't find Adalyn's go to song. Often she would tell me to stop singing. I figured it just wasn't her thing. She was more into dancing instead of Mommy singing. A few weeks ago I was attempting to sing her some song before bedtime and she became very attached to the song Row, Row, Row Your Boat. She asked me to sing it over and over again. During that same time she was having a hard time sleeping (she had one of her many colds she gets in the winter). I started to sing her what we now call the Boat song as I would lay her down. A couple rounds of Boat and she was good to go.

I am happy to say I've found her go to song. She now sings Boat to her babies during the day when she is putting them to sleep. And requests it every nap or night time before we leave the room.

Here she is performing Boat....


And yes, my children spend a large portion of their day with out pants on. Adalyn picked up the underwear only habit from her brother. No, she is not potty trained, but it helps with the pre-potty training though.

No comments: