Saturday, January 29, 2011

Pillow Project

A fellow friend/blogger posted a great idea on how to make sewless pillows. Since my brother made us blankets like this a few years ago, I figured if he could make it then I certainly could do it. I had been running out of ideas for Shane and I in the project area and there just so happened to be two unused pillows laying around the house. Off to Joanne's we went to get fleece. With a little direction Shane picked out his fleece (he really really wanted the Buzz Lightyear, but it was more expense and uglier, so Mean Mommy said no).

The idea had been to work on this project together, but that didn't happen. Shane did entertain himself a large portion of the time by cutting the fleece scraps into little pieces. He was quiet and happy and that makes me SUPER happy, even if I did all the work.

My pillows were a different shape then Nona used for her pillow project, so I totally winged the dimensions. They aren't perfect by any means, but Shane was happy with them.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

what a really great project.....

Julie said...

That's super cute!