Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Survival Kit

I had a cousin return to work this week after having a baby in October. First, don't get me started on the whole "return to work" thing. Like she hasn't been working and just was on a vacation the past few months. Anyways, I wanted to do something special for her since I knew this wasn't a day she was looking forward to. I had my mind set on something like the survival kits I had seen around for teachers, etc. I looked on the internet, but couldn't find anything, so I made up my own.

This is what I came up with:

Mommy’s Back To Work Survival Kit

Kleenex for the tears that will be shed.

A frame to take that sweet little Arli face to work with you.

Superfood Slam bar for your breakfast in the car,
because you will be too stressed out to eat at home before you leave.

Starbucks gift card to start the day off with a jolt of coffee
or some warm comforting tea.

A Tribal Cinnamon Oatmeal bar to snack on while you pump for the millionth time.

A handful of “kisses” from Arli to tide you over until you get home for some real ones.

You’ll need an energy boost towards the end of the day, so enjoy some
yummy Gourmet Trail Mix…healthy, sweet and salty!

Keep yourself hydrated with some sparkling lemon water.
Anything sparkly makes the day seem just a little fancier and more fun.

After that long ride back home treat yourself to some brownies.
You did it Mama! You made it through your first day back at work!!!
Oh, and give Arli, Jeff and Grandma big kisses and hugs, too.

Shonda, Arli, Adalyn and Jessica
The A-Team + Mommies

No comments: