Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Blueberry Muffins

I have a thing for muffins. I really like them, but I am picky about my muffins. They have to have just the right amount of flavor and the perfect soft moist texture.

This week I made blueberry muffins (blueberries were buy 1 get 2 free at the store...hard to pass up).

I adapted this recipe from a Lemon-BlueberryYogurt Loaf. I skipped the glazed she made, but I am sure that would be fabulous on top of them as well.

Blueberry Muffins
  • 1 1/2 cups flour (I did 1 cup white flour and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour)
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 container lemon yogurt
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 cups blueberries (mine were fresh, but you could use frozen)

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree.
  2. Mix together four, baking powder and salt.
  3. Whisk together the yogurt, sugar, eggs, vanilla and oil. 
  4. Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. 
  5. Pour the batter into muffin cups. I made 12 large muffins (bake for 15-18 minutes) and 6 mini muffins (bake 12-15 minutes)
 These muffins were delicious. They had just the right amount of flavor and sweetness and were spongy and moist!

No comments: