Thursday, November 18, 2010

She Has Arrived!

We'd like to welcome our newest member of the family...Adalyn Makenna arrived on Thursday, November 18th at 12:14pm. She weighed in at 7lbs 11oz and 21 inches long.

I must say that labor for little Adalyn was 150% better then with Shane. Basically I had about 10 hours of labor and pushed a whole 12 minutes! Kenny and I are still in disbelief by how smoothly and quickly the whole thing went. Evergreen Hospital has been fantastic and our nurse amazing. I could truly not ask for a better experience. Even more exciting is I don't have to ever do this again!!!

Adalyn has been extremely content so far and a rocking eater!!

Mema and Papa with Adalyn a few hours old.
Big Brother Shane, Daddy and Adalyn.
Adalyn about 1 hour old.
Baby Girl just moments old.




First bath given by Daddy.



5 comments:

Melanie on the Run said...

Congratulations to the three of you!! So exciting! I am so happy about the labor and delivery too, sounds like mine the second time around too! Like you though I am happy to have a complete happy family!! So happy for you all! Lots of love from us!

Julie said...

You are a superstar! What a beautiful little girl! Love the "potentially red" hair :) She is a precious little jewel. What a lucky girl she is and such a blessed family. Love the photo of BIG brother Shane. Hope you get some rest tonight my dear!

Wendy said...

Oh Jessica, so glad things went so smoothly... she is BEAUTIFUL and perfect and happy to hear she is eating so well from your sequim LC. And you are at evergreen so you should be very well taken care of. Congrats. love the picture of big brother!

Michele said...

Jessica and family,

I am so happy for you! And what a beautiful name for such a precious little girl! Glad everything has gone smoothly and I look forward to meeting her! Prayers and blessings to you and your family.
Michele

Tiavalentine said...

Yeah I'm so happy for you all! Shane looks so excited to have his sister. You are truly blessed with such a wonderful family. Let me know if I can help in anyway. Love ya, Tia