Monday, June 6, 2011

Summer Fun Calendar

With summer pretty much upon us....meaning Shane's Preschool has come to an end and Speech is just about over. We will have even more time on our hands at home. It's difficult to get out of the house with Adalyn's crazy napping schedule (she still is taking 3 naps a day) I wanted to come up with something fun for Shane and I to do every day besides the normal play outside, go for a walk, read books, toys, coloring, etc stuff we do every day. I've searched and searched for a book that has fun activities in it that covers science, cooking, crafts, etc all in it. But I can't find anything that fits what I am looking for. (I seriously think I need to write my own at this point!) I decided to come up with a weekly summer calendar. This is what I have in store for our first week.

Monday -- Octopus Puppet (I did revise this idea from a Summer Fun book from Scholastic). The best part of this art project is he actually played with it all day!!

Tuesday -- Fish Art (we are going to be doing this for his birthday on Saturday, too. Thought I should try it out first)

Wednesday -- Make homemade playdough

Thursday -- Lion Face Craft

Friday -- Have a picnic lunch outside, along with matching coloring page.

I'll link up as many of the ideas as I can. I just stumbled onto this website with a lot of good ideas that are adaptable.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Fun! Such a good idea...I hate waking up and not already having stuff planned for the day...I may have to copy you :) Better yet, we should get together some more this summer!