Friday, July 1, 2011

Are We Havin' Fun Yet???


A few weeks ago we made a very specific attempt one weekend to get us all out of the house together and do something as a family of 4. We took a little hike/walk at the Bellevue Mercer Slough. Between not parking in the right parking lot, not knowing where the trailhead was at and having Adalyn all of a sudden decided she didn't like the Ergo, the trip was less then a success. By no means was it a disaster, but it was just not a whole lot of fun. On the way home we sorta both looked at each other and said when is it going to be fun?


Between the lack of sleep Kenny and I are getting at night with Adalyn up 1-3x's a night and thinking that the 5am hour is wake up time, Shane also thinking the 5am hour is morning, Adalyn's 3-4 naps a day, keeping up with all the chores around the house, we just don't seem to be having a lot of fun. Going from 1 kiddo to 2 has been a big adjustment. Certainly, day-to-day we have it down. Mornings, naps, dinner, bed time, even going out for an errand with all of us can be done and done fairly easily now. But it's the fun aspect that seems to be missing in our lives.

I know with time the fun will start to creep back into our lives. It would certainly help if summer ever decided to show up. Until then I dream of our vacation to Hawaii in October. Now that WILL be FUN!

2 comments:

The Pechanec Family said...

I KNOW exactly how you feel! It just isn't "fun" yet. I think though once we get thru the first 1 1/2 years and the girls start walking and talking...then it will be fun! I remember having so much fun with Morgan once she got past those milestones, (not that I didn't have fun with her when she was a baby) but one kid is sooo much easier than 2, or 3 in my case!! It will happen...eventually.

Katie said...

I'm sorry it isn't fun yet for you. I know it is tough especially with the no sleeping....I had that with Ethan but with Cora we are very fortunate. I am hoping it becomes fun for you guys sooner rather than later. I am enjoying it, even with Josh gone a lot and being Single Mom. I don't want to sign up for #3 just yet but I'm also not ruling it out :)

Sounds bad but keep your chin up. It will get better, I know it will.