Friday, October 14, 2011

Conversations With Shane

Shane (soon to be 4.5 years old), does a lot of talking and asking questions about God. His preschool is connected to a Lutheran church and their curriculum includes simple lessons about God and the Bible. I wish I could say he goes to Sunday School. But unfortunately getting him to go any where with out Kenny and I has been such a struggle I gave up taking him about 2 years ago. I'd love to see him start going again. The thought is always in the back of my mind.

Anyways...while we were eating lunch this is what Shane told me.

Shane: God is bigger then a tree. God is bigger then our house. God is bigger then me.

Me: Yep, God is the biggest thing in the whole world.

Shane: But God is invisible. You can't see him.

Me: (surprised, because we haven't talked about this before) Ya, you are right. God is invisible.

Shane: But even if you were in your own heart, you still couldn't see God.

Me: (even more surprised). Why yes, you are totally right. God does live in our hearts and even if we could see in our hearts, we still wouldn't be able to see God.

Shane: Beaming from ear to ear!

Ah...now there are the "rewards" I've been waiting for. I got my paycheck today in the form of a proud little boy and his brilliant mind.

No comments: