Sunday, October 30, 2011

My FAVORITE Pumpkin Muffin Recipe (repost)


I posted this recipe last year, but since then I've made a few changes to it (I cut down on some of the oil and sugar). It's such a hit when ever I make them I thought I'd share it again. 





Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

4 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 (30 oz) can pumpkin pie filling (or just plain pumpkin, but they aren't as flavorful with that)
1 cup oil
3 cups flour (whole wheat works, too)
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 package chocolate chips (OPTIONAL: I usually don't add the chocolate chips).

Turn oven to 400 degrees. 

In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and oil until smooth. 
 
Add in dry ingredients and mix well. 
 
Fold in chocolate chips. 
 
Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake 16-20 minutes for full size muffins and 10 minutes for mini muffins. Makes 24-30 muffins or 75+ mini muffins. 

I also got to use my Beater Blade that I won a couple weeks ago from Sweet Anna's Blog. It worked really well. I must say before the Beater Blade arrived I wasn't even sure where my Kitchen Aid mixer was. But the new fun tool made me locate it and now my beautiful mixer has a place up on the counter. I promise I won't lose her again!

1 comment:

Becky @ Rub Some Dirt On It said...

Thank you for such a yummy recipe and for sharing it at Rub Some Dirt On It! I'm glad you've had a reason to use those big beautiful mixers--I don't cook or bake, so I never registered for one--but to me that makes you the real deal :)