Saturday, October 15, 2011

Leaf Painting

I had read about an idea for leaf painting on the Productive Parenting website. In the back of my mind I knew it would be a great activity for Shane. But I need to remember to gather leaves for this project. One day while we were on a walk I had him collect leaves for a surprise project when we got home. That kept him super happy and engaged on the walk.

The original idea said just to use water. But I didn't think it was going to hold his interest long enough because there just wasn't enough change in the appearance of the leaves. So I got out his water color paints. He was so into it. I'd say he painted for at least 30 minutes.

We did this a couple months ago before fall had arrived. Now there are even better leaves to collect and paint. We'll be doing this project again soon for sure. He wanted to save all of his completed leaves. This is what they look like a couple months later (on their way to the garbage can).

Pin It

No comments: